Tiling Your Outdoor Balcony or Deck? Remember the Waterproofing...
A growing trend is turning previously unusable outdoor living space into an oasis complete with tile, torches and plenty of smiles. You may also be contemplating installing tile or stone in place of or over traditional concrete. Many of these projects include upgrading an exterior balcony, patio or flat roof spaces above a garage or sunroom. Regardless of the final project, you must consider a waterproofing barrier to prevent the infiltration of water or moisture.
MFM SubSeal™ Waterproofing Membrane
MFM Building Products manufactures a product called SubSeal. It is specifically designed for this type of application. The membrane is durable and withstands the extreme moisture conditions present in masonry and tile mastics. Consider these benefits:
- SubSeal is a self-adhering membrane that adheres direct to existing concrete or wood substrate (prime masonry or weathered wood surfaces for best adhesion)
- SubSeal installs easilywithout the use of glues, adhesives or mechanical fasteners - simple use a utility knife to cut and roller to provide maximum contact with the substrate
- Subseal utilizes a premium-grade top surface to withstand concrete or tile being installed over top of the membrane
- SubSeal is flexible to move with building expansion and contraction
- SubSeal can be applied either horizontally or vertically, depending on the application
- SubSeal meets ICC-ES AC 38 standards
- SubSeal is Made in the USA and comes with a 10-year limited warranty
So, if this type of project is in your future, ask your building supply store about SubSeal or contact MFM Customer Service at 800-882-7663 for a distributor near you.
Need More Information or a Sample?
For complete installation instructions, technical data sheets, more information or for a FREE sample, please visit www.mfmbp.com or contact MFM Technical Services at 800-882-7663.