Installing Peel & Seal in Cool Weather...A Few Good Tips to Follow
During the cold fall and spring seasons, you might want to consider some of these tips for installing Peel & Seal® in temperatures below MFM's recommended 55° F.
- Make sure there is no moisture, dew or frost on the substrate – wipe and allow to fully dry before application
- Keep Peel & Seal® in a heated area that is at least 60° F until use – this keeps the product flexible and allows for better adhesion
- An electric air gun may be used to gently warm Peel & Seal® and the substrate
- Use of MFM Spray Adhesive™ will help with positive adhesion – allow adhesive dry to touch then install
- As with any Peel & Seal® installation, make sure to roll membrane with a large push or hand roller to ensure that the membrane is well adhered to the substrate – pay special attention to all seams and overlaps
You can follow these same general rules for installing most of our self-adhering products in cold temperature. If you need any assistance – call MFM Technical Support at 800-882-7663. Good luck!